Fruit Mince Pastry Stars
These festive fruit mince pastry stars are a great substitute for mince pies at Christmas time. They take a fraction of the time to make, look prettier and taste just as good.
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 400g jar fruit mince
- 1 egg, beaten
- icing sugar, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Line baking sheets with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the pastry sheets on a board or hard surface and using a star cutter, cut the pastry into star shapes.
- Place the pastry stars onto the baking sheets. Prick with a fork and brush with the beaten egg.
- Place ½ to 1 teaspoon (depending on the size of your star cutter) of fruit mince in the middle of each star.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
- To serve, dust with sifted icing sugar.